Why I Love Castor Oil
Castor Oil : Retro is the New Wave
Castor oil has been a household health remedy for centuries. And it still should be a staple in your home medicine cabinet. Here's why: It is super inexpensive and works wonders in the body both internally and externally. I recommend finding a good quality cold-pressed castor oil to use and pour it in a beautiful glass bottle. It is an oil that deserves a high seat of respect and admiration.
Castor oil is a pale, yellow vegetable oil derived from the castor bean seed (Ricinus Communis) in its purest form. It is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant oil which has been used for centuries for its therapeutic and medicinal benefits. It strengthens the immune system and is a wonderful healer.
It is believed that most of castor oil's benefits are derived from its high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids. Although it has a strong and rather unpleasant taste, castor oil is used in many everyday products including cosmetics, soaps, massage oils and medicines.
The history of castor oil goes back a long way, with Ancient Egyptians allegedly using it for their lamps around 4000 BC. Greek travelers like Herodotus recorded that the Egyptians also used it as an ointment. Cleopatra reportedly used it for brightening the whites of her eyes. Over the years, castor oil has earned a phenomenal reputation for being a laxative, cathartic, and purgative medicine.
What Is Castor Oil?
My Top 5 Uses of Castor Oil
1. Helps with Arthritis: the anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it very helpful in relieving pain from arthritic joints, nerve inflammations and sore muscles. A little goes a long way. Use it as a massage oil and rub it on the body where you feel pain.
3. Healthy Bowels : it is a very strong laxative, and typically what this oil is known for healing. Take a teaspoon of castor oil in the morning will be extremely effective. Mixing it with some juice like orange or cranberry is nicer. Just don't overdose on it. If nothing has "moved" after 3 days, then it's best to seek another remedy.
2. Wrinkles Be-Gone : apply castor oil directly to the skin for a shimmery glow. This oil helps eliminate and prevent wrinkles. It is a natural emollient that penetrates the skin and helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which softens and hydrates the skin. Wow! Like yes, for real!
4. Hair Growth : massage castor oil into affected areas of balding or thinness on the scalp every day to stimulate natural hair growth. This technique also works with eyebrows and eyelashes. Just use a few drops for the smaller areas around the face.
5. Sleep Better : rub castor oil into your feet at night before you go to bed and your sleep will be much deeper and sounder. You can also rub some oil on your eyelids and temples.
To learn more about the many beautiful uses of Castor Oil, visit CastorOil.org.
Essential Oils and Castor Oil
You can add delicious and delightful essential oils to the castor oil when using it for external use. Great oils to use for many different purposes include Frankincense, Rosemary, Lavender and Oregano.
To learn more about essential oils or to build your own collection of high quality therapeutic grade oils, visit Oil of the Day.
5/4/2020 01:56:30 am
Leave a Reply.
Enter email for more ♥️